When you require hot water repairs in the Sutherland Shire, you know who to call! The shire-born Priority Plus Plumbing team has you covered.
Standard tank-type hot water systems use an insulated storage tank. Residents and business owners in the Sutherland Shire can testify that hot water systems are reliable. However, this doesn’t mean that they don’t come across problems. Some of the issues concerned with hot water systems include:
- No hot water
- Insufficient hot water
- Rust coloured water
- Rotten egg odour
- Low rumbling or popping noise
- Higher pitched whining
- Water leaking around the base of the hot water system
Before any damage control is done, there are safety preparations you need to have in place. Do the following:
- Turn off the power at the electric hot water system. Make sure that the circuit breaker or hot water system power fuse is off
- Switch the gas pilot control valve to “pilot” mode
- The water supply to the hot water system also needs to be turned off
Let’s look at each problem and what possible causes and repairs exist:
The Hot Water System Has No Hot Water Flow
- A faulty gas pilot light
- Faulty gas thermocouple
- Faulty gas pilot control valve
- Check that the gas pilot flame and pilot are operational
- Re-tighten, reposition or replace the gas thermocouple
- Replace the gas pilot control valve.
Your Hot Water System Has Insufficient Hot Water
- The hot water system is undersized for water heating demands
- Broken or damaged dip tube allowing cold and hot water to mix in the tank
- A poorly performed plumbing installation has crossed cold and hot water connections
- Inadequate gas supply or gas control issues
- Sometimes the hot water system gets overtaxed due to hot water supply demands. To ensure that the hot water system has 75% of its capacity as hot water.
- You can also loosen the cold-water inlet tube and pipe nipple and remove the dip tube. Make sure also to check the condition and replace it if required.
- Check any feedthrough by turning off the water supply to the hot water system. Then open the hot water faucet. Any sign of water flow means that there is a crossed connection somewhere. Inspect for a hot water line connected to a cold-water connection on the hot water system in appliances like dishwashers and shower valves
Make sure you always have professional help regarding hot water systems and any repairs needed. At Priority Plus Plumbing, we are plumbing experts in the Sutherland Shire for all hot water systems. Call us.